Thursday, January 15, 2015

Christmas Recap!

I love Christmas. I’ve always loved Christmas. My mom put a tree up in every room of the house. It was awesome. I used to grab a blanket and lay underneath a tree because it was just so beautiful. Let’s be honest – I would often fall asleep but I couldn’t help it. There’s something so magical about Christmas trees and lights.

Now I get to decorate my own house and I wish I had the same ambition as my mom – but I don’t. I used to try to put a tree up downstairs, upstairs, in the bathrooms and in each bedroom. Now it’s only a tree downstairs and in each of the kids’ rooms. Fail.

printed leggings and scarfprinted leggings and scarf 2

I also have a thing about dressing for the holiday season. This outfit was my favorite this season. The snowflake and reindeer leggings are from White Plum (but I ordered them from Jane.com) – they are so soft and comfortable AND they aren’t see through. I mean what more could you want?! The top is Lucy (I got mine at Von Maur), I love, love, love the Lucy brand. It’s athletic type of clothes that you can wear anytime. AWESOME. The scarf is Betsy Johnson (again bought at Von Maur), I just really like Betsy Johnson, it’s kind of different and funky and fun. Plus plaid and pink – how can you go wrong?! Then of course my Ugg boots, which I’ve already written about and some pink boot socks (I’ve had to say good bye to those wonderful socks – they got a hole in them, it was a sad day. A very sad day.)

About a week before Christmas I got a text from a friend about Diva’s letter to Santa, it was hysterical. I still laugh every time I read it…G-money is “too old”, they don’t a letter to Santa in the newspaper anymore. Sad smile

letter to santagrace and stop sign

grant with bikecousins on bed with ipads

Santa came and brought all sorts of goodies but Diva’s FAVORITE – the Stop Sign. LOL. Her brother doesn’t think it’s nearly as cool. I believe his wording was “…most annoying gift ever”.

G-Money was pumped that Santa brought a bike though (he really wants to ride around the lake with us this summer). And then maybe my favorite picture from the holiday – Diva and one of her cousins sitting on Grandma’s bed playing ipads. I don’t know why I love this picture so much but I just do. They are best friends and can play kitchen, house, babies --- or just sit together and play ipads. It just warms my heart.

I know what you really want to know, it’s just sitting there with no answer…yes, Santa brought my husband underwear. Lots of underwear.

I’m already thinking about next Christmas and how to make it more magical. How about you? Do you plan way in advantage or last minute?

XOXO

~The Sheiliac

No comments:

Post a Comment